Saturday 9 February 2008

365 / 174 - Pretty things for Your Walls

It is a gloriously sunny spring day here today and I'm finding it very difficult to knuckle down to doing any work! Oh well. A quick bit of blogging (blogging is work, right?) and then I can go for a walk in the sunshine...

Yesterday I spent a lot of time thinking about the use of props in my photos after taking that teacup photo, and I also spent a really really long time organising hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of photos that I've been too lazy to name and file properly on my computer (yawn). Just time in the evening for a teeny bit of sewing: finishing the first two butterfly art pieces...
The finished two are ACEOs (3.5 by 2.5 inches)....
... and the larger unfinished one is postcard sized (4 by 6 inches). They're backed with plain white felt with a little name tape "signature" (old embroidered name tapes from when I was in primary school!), like this:
I love the look of the butterflies on the cream felt (it's meant to look like creamy parchment paper), and I'm itching to make lots more of these and to do larger pieces with lots of different butterflies all "mounted" together.

A couple of quick things before I sneak off to enjoy the sunshine: in yesterday's list of nice places I've been mentioned I totally forgot to mention that I was interviews by Cherry Runway! She said such sweet things about me, too. Also, I have been Etsy shopping again and treated myself to this beautiful poster from Present&Correct:
My house is in no way as stylish as their setting, but the lushness of the poster will help me in the style stakes I think! It fits in just perfectly with my British wildlife obsession, the illustrations are darling, the printing crisp, and the colour truly delicious. Seriously speedy shipping, too, and only $36. Highly recommended!

4 comments:

idyll hands said...

Those are some ACEOs I'd actually consider purchasing! Lovely.

Jennifer Rose said...

Those are really nice ACEOs. That is a good idea making more and mounting them together. Much better than people catching live ones and doing it. :)

Anonymous said...

ooh it's lovely but - what's that gorgeous train thingummy on your mantlepiece? looks fab!

Bugs and Fishes said...

That's not my mantlepiece, unfortunately, so I don't know! Oh if only it was...