Monday 24 September 2012

A Choir of Angels for Christmas

Way back last year I posted a photo of some secret stitching I was working on for my "Crafty Christmas" series... but when the series got cut short due to my sudden move, the project ended up sitting in a box for months rather unloved. Finally (only a year late!) you can see what I was working on...


... an angel embroidery pattern! I was so happy with how this turned out when I first stitched it last year, it's great to be able to share it with you guys at long last.

I'll be sharing the free pattern on my blog later this week, along with a whole bunch of other crafty projects based on the same angel design. This is one good thing about putting a project in a box and coming back to it a year later - looking at it fresh helps spark a whole bunch of new ideas!

As well as the embroidery pattern, I'll be sharing "how tos" for sewing two styles of felt angel ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree ...
 

... instructions for making pretty angel Christmas cards...

 

... plus some ideas for other festive paper crafting projects you could use the angel motif for.

The first free project will be posted tomorrow!

9 comments:

CarlaK.be said...

Wauw wauw wauw !!!
Thank you for sharing Laura, these are so cute, simply irressistable.
And yes, I would love to have the embroidery patterns as wel.
Lots of love from Belgium,
CarlaK

Unknown said...

These are sooo cute Laura, I would also love to see the embroidery pattern included. Hugs Val xxx

Ana said...

So much loveliness! Your angels are simply adorable! And I like the fact that you can make them som different from each other :)

homemade@myplace said...

your angels are really pretty!!!
xxx Alessandra

Tatkis said...

Your angels are so sweet and lovely!
I'd love to see a tutorial!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Janey Millar said...

Really love this pattern and the felt angels are gorgeous! Jsst about to start my Xmas prep (starting early in vague attempt to be actually done by Christmas!) so the timing is perfect. Can't wait to get started!

bairozan said...

Very pretty, Laura! And another free pattern is so generous!

Louise said...

que bonitos los angelitos ,
que idea mas buena para el árbol de navidad.
un saludo.
miss-louiss.blogspot.com

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for your kind comments everyone & for the feedback about the embroidery pattern too! I'm so glad everyone liked my "Angel Week" :)